When dedicated lifts are needed on a regular basis the Carriage Mounted Jib delivers the perfect substitute to an overhead crane or static floor mounted Jib Arm, with the added benefit of a reduced lost load centre and centre of gravity over and above the Fork Mounted version.
- Remove existing forks from forklift carriage.
- Position Jib so as the load beam is parallel to the finish floor level.
- Remove the quick release bottom hangers by pulling out the safety ‘R’ clip and retracting retaining pin.
- Position the forklift behind the Jib back plate and centralise the forklift carriage with the Jib back plate.
- Drive towards the Jib back plate with the mast tilted forward and hook the top carriage rail under the top hangers of the Jib back plate, ensuring that the location peg on the jib back plate locates into the central castellation of the forklift carriage.
- Whilst raising the forklift carriage, tilt the mast back to the vertical position until the attachment is clear of the finish floor level.
- Reposition the quick release bottom hangers ensuring the safety ‘R’ clip is correctly inserted.
- Position the swivel hook and shackle to the desired lifting point, ensuring that the shackle is adequately tightened.
- The attachment is now ready for use.
- Multi hook positioning from 1000-1750 load centres
- Supplied complete with Swivel hook and bow shackle
- Quick release bottom hangers supplied as standard
- Lifting eye at centre of gravity for ease of movement and mounting on to forklift
- Painted bright orange for safety