- Build a Permanent Work SpaceThe first, and possibly most important, step in your work from home situation is to designate an area of your home, specifically for getting work done.
This could be an empty or spare bedroom that you convert to a home office but our recommendation (and preference) is the dining room. You already have a large ‘desk’ in place and it’s near the kitchen for the coffee supply!
Regardless of which room or space you use, establish an area of your home where you will work, and commit to working in this space every day. Be sure your workspace is quiet so you can focus on the task at hand.
- Get Comfortable ChairInvest in a comfortable office chair if you haven’t already. If you have the ability to set-up a home office ion a spare room, consider purchasing a large desk and bookshelves to keep yourself organised.
Remember, the point is that you will be working in this space every day so make it functional as well as comfortable.
- Set Real Work Hours
- Avoid Work Creep
- Don’t Start Your Work Day in Your PJs
- Exercise & Stretch Regularly
- Take Short Breaks
- Create a Rewards System
- Stay Off Social Media
- Check-In With Co-Workers Frequently